10.07.2009

Final Weeks

M and I went to our appointment with the midwife today. I'm at about 37 weeks right now. The due date is set at October 24, which would be 40 weeks. "Normal" pregnancy lasts anywhere from 37 to 42 weeks.

Each week when we go, they check my blood pressure, weight, and urine, and listen to the baby's heart rate and feel around my belly to see her position. The midwife practice is pretty laid back, so as long as we both continue to be healthy, we won't do anything but wait for labor to begin. So don't ask me how dilated or effaced I am...they don't check that.

I tell you all this because 1) prior to getting pregnant I had no idea how inexact this stuff is and 2) so everybody knows that we could have as long as a month to go. I know we're all excited, but there could be a lot of waiting.

I will say that the baby has started to drop (a good sign). I took a very long walk yesterday and slept pretty well, although not enough. (It never feels like enough.)

M is so close to finishing the nursery and it looks awesome! I hope to post some pictures this weekend.

No comments: