2.10.2021

Wednesday

The best thing about this day was dropping my kids off with my friend so I could watch Jeopardy while mopping my dining room floor. Wild! M and I also got to hang out for a short while. The kids had a great time crafting and climbing on this jungle gym they have in their living room. We have mostly avoided any sort of pandemic podding, mainly because we hate negotiating and, frankly, we kind of like pandemic life just fine. (Not the half a million fellow Americans dying part. Just the empty spaces on the calendar part.) Possibly, we are introverts. Life feels very "enough" this past year. But it has worked out great to have a little playdate swapping with another family that can be inside, just to get us all through the winter. 


Shout-out to Myles, who was actually ON Jeopardy and the entire reason I watched. He did great! Although, spoiler alert, he did not win. I did have a thought that maybe Jeopardy was something my whole family would like to watch together, although a lot of trivia questions are sort of generation-based, and Jeopardy definitely skews 40+. We can try it out with old episodes on Netflix, as I am unsure how i can watch it live without a tv antenae or something.

Laurel is getting more comfortable with her online classes. She can be very good about getting things done when she writes her goals out for the day. I just listened to a lecture on developing executive functioning in kid and it really hit home that I tend to do more "doing for" than coaching sometimes. Something to work on. 

When I went out for my evening walk (yeah I got two blocks of solo time today, what's it to ya?!) it was snowing like crazy, again! The trees were very beautiful. I got to talk to Leah on the phone while I was walking and we planned a half a dozen possible road trips for the upcoming year. What will happen? Something will happen, that's all I know.

No comments: