2.13.2021

Saturday

I ran six miles and walked six miles today. It was supposed to rain or snow but it did not. The sidewalks were very icy and slushy in spots. I have not run that far in a long time, and it felt great to stretch my legs. I walked part of the day with two friends. 


We didn't do much schoolwork today. Everyone crafted some valentines decorations and played around with the synthesizer. Laurel went on a walk with her friend. I met with my troop co-leader to discuss some work we need to do to help guide the girls on their next project. We sat outside with hot water bottles in our laps! Sitting in the cold keeps meetings from going too long.

In the evening, we all piled on the couch again to watch the last episode of James Herriot. I'm really sad it was the last one. I love finding things to watch on television that we all love. I probably need to start making a list. We have a million subscription services and we are definitely not using them enough. When it comes time to actually watch something we do a lot of scrolling and arguing as a family. M and I enjoyed the Queen's Gambit and Ted Lasso this year. With the kids we watched the Great British Baking Show and the Mandalorian. Both of those made us break out in applause or cheers from time to time. (James Herriot just makes us want to time travel to 1930s Yorkshire.)

No comments: