5.31.2008

What the World Eats...

I found this interesting photo essay that depicts families around the world with the foods they consume in a week.

Disclaimer: Our photo is not a true representation of what we consume in a week. Last week, we ate penne with bean balls and tomato sauce, with roasted eggplant on the side. We made falafel sandwiches with tahini dressing and tabouleh salad. We ate Mrs. T's pierogies with onions. Since there are only two of us, one night of cooking usually yields several days worth of food. For breakfast we had banana muffins or beans on toast, with ample cups of PG Tips tea. Lunch for me is usually leftovers from the night before. M either eats leftovers or dines out in Oakland, where he has plenty of choices of cheap, veg food (McKeesport is not so good for that selection, plus I only have about 20 minutes for lunch). the pink stuff in the giant jar is M's saurkraut, which we didn't really eat, so much as taste, as we are waiting for it to get nice and sour.

What would your photo look like?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I looked and I looked and I looked and I don't see anything from Udipi ;-)