5.26.2008

This is What You Do at the River House

I recently obtained a sticker that says, "Don't just do something, stand there!" and that sort of examplifies the River House for me. Home to Jack's parents, as well as Jack (for the summer at least, as he works for the Country Lawyer). Of course, if you must do something, you can play bocce, or float down from Raystown Lake on a kayak. But mostly, you sit in the sun, lie in a hammock, gaze at the river, or warm yourself by an evening campfire. The weather was perfect this weekend, and a good time was had by all.

I believe strongly in the importance of doing a little bit of nothing each day. If you do a search for "do nothing", you will mostly find references to the United States Congress. That is one place where I believe people should probably not be doing nothing. My Representative is Mike Doyle. (You can find yours by clicking here.) He makes $165,200 a year. Thanks to the internet there are now all kinds of places where you can find out about what other people are making. I especially enjoy this one, where I can find out what my bosses are making. This kind of freedom of information is going to help me significantly the next time I negotiate for a salary. But all this talk about doing stuff for money, has made me realize that my three-day weekend is rapidly drawing to an end, so I'm off to do a little more nothing before bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing.

L.