12.08.2009

I Really Need to Start Carrying a Camera

So many precious moments to capture...

But seriously, I wish I had taken some photos of our "playdate" today at Sarah's house. By now, Laurel and Kai are old friends, although they refuse to make eye contact, or really interact in any way other than crying at the same time. Today another baby and mom came over so there were three babies and three moms. We just did the usual "feed, burp, rock, sleep, diaper routine", but somehow it was more fun at Sarah's house, with snacks set out, and it was really cute to see the three babies stretched out on the couch, in various stages of slumber. Prachi's baby is the biggest at 10 pounds, Laurel is weighing in around 8, but she's super long, so she looks bigger, and Kai is now over 7 pounds. Laurel had some alert moments during the afternoon and impressed the other ladies with her charming ability to smile. We walked over there through the park, and Laurel tried out her new hat (thanks, Leah!) and I discovered that she stops crying immediately upon going out in the cold air.

I'm going to make it a point to put the camera in the diaper bag, so I can snap a few pictures next time we're doing something interesting. Or even not interesting, because let's face it, newborns are super cute even when doing hardly anything at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressed people by her ability to smile !?! I have watched that video several dozen times, and I've shown it to any friends I could corral. Today a colleague, mother of a very adorable one year old girl, watched it and said: "Are you sure she's only four weeks old?" I also think she's unusually accomplished at yawning. Yes, carry that camera. We can't have too many pictures of Laurel. Love, Aunt Mary

Unknown said...

as an infant, Julian always stopped crying in the cold. all last winter I had to take very cold walks... he'd smile and be happy. But as soon as we went inside, the waterworks started again. strange little guys...