8.02.2009

Happy Anniversary!

Six years ago, on an equally humid summer day, M and I walked down the very long aisle out of Sacred Heart Church, after being declared "Mr. and Mrs." for the first time.

Sprinted was more like it. I don't know if it was the length of the ceremony (Catholic, and very long), or the heat (M was in a wool tuxedo, I was wearing a many layered dress), or maybe we were thinking about the beer that was awaiting us in the reception hall, but we walked so fast down that aisle that our photographer barely got a picture of it!

I remember watching my grandmother dance, and eating delicious cake that was made by M's sister, and holding a glass of champagne for hours and hours without actually ever finishing it.

But really an anniversary doesn't celebrate the wedding day, so much as the time that passes in between, and the past six years have been a roller coaster of trials and trips and fun and sadness and unexpected turns and twists in the road.

I guess the thing that amazes me the most is how much we've done together in that time.

So, Happy Anniversary, M! I love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary kids! Glad you are able to be away, alone. But you have time to post on the blog? Thanks for allowing us to be part of the journey.
Luv ya,
Pa

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and wishes for many more years of fun and adventure. Aunt DC