8.24.2009

Enchilada Factory

M and I finally got our food groove back. Morning sickness, graduate school, and work have seriously interfered with our ability and desire to cook over the past year. We were rarely in the house at the same for meals, and I was eating a lot of miso soup and egg sandwiches for dinner.

I am definitely the sous to M's chef, but we make a very good team. M has a natural ability to season food and experiment with recipes, and I am very good at following directions. Yesterday we cooked up more beets (they are excellent in the crockpot), sauteed beet tops, marinated tofu, and corn on the cob. Jack joined us for dinner and it was scrumptious. I should have taken a photo, but I was intimidated by my favorite new food blog. Their food photos are just so darn pretty!

M, of course, has been tending to his pickles, which are progressing nicely. He also whipped up a batch of homemade enchilada sauce, and refried some pinto beans that we had leftover from last week's burritos. And after work today, we had a little enchilada factory (very similar to the kimchi dumpling factory), the results of which are in my belly right now.

1 comment:

liz said...

those enchiladas look beautiful!
tell us when those pickles are done, i'd love to bum a jar off of you.