12.12.2008

Success!

I have finished my first semester of grad school! I turned in my last paper only moments ago. I love, love, love grad school. Here are ten ways it is a thousand times better than my undergrad experience.

1. It was a very sober semester, not much in the way of hangovers, which generally put me in a much better mood.
2. I was not attempting to work full-time and go to school full-time. Twenty hours of work a week gave me enough work to stay busy, while still having time to complete my school work in thoughtful and intelligent ways. Ok, ok, I admit that I wrote a few papers while watching football, but I still got As on them.
3. No all-nighters...the only time in recent history that I've seen 3:00am was the night we closed on our house, and that was totally an accident. And it was a Saturday, so I had time to recover before Monday.
4. I was interested in all the classes I took.
5. I don't drink 27 cups of coffee a day anymore.
6. I see a deep and meaningful connection between work that I've done and the material I'm learning.
7. I live in a nice, calm house with people I like.
8. I have an office (no wait, two offices!) on campus so I don't have to use the computer labs.
9. As a GSA I have lots more interaction with professors.
10.It was free.

No comments: