12.21.2008

One Weekend in the Woods....

Over the summer, we foolishly attempted to hike all 70 miles of the Laurel Highlands Trail in three days. This might have been ok, if it hadn't included the time required to do a 70 mile car shuttle, not to mention all the additional miles hiked in and out of shelter areas in search of water (who puts a shelter 1.5 miles off trail???). We started off strong, but due to some unexpected footwear problems (I did not expect boots I had successfully worn the summer before for over 500 miles would suddenly not fit), we only ended up doing the first 40 miles of the trail, and went home a day early. We hope to return to the Laurel Highlands next weekend to finish the last 30 miles. This video tells the story of part 1 of this adventure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
Wow, pretty high tech video. I continue to enjoy your blog and now you've raised the bar. Aunt Donna and I have Heather, Lisa and Eric here in Houston for Christmas and are enjoying the family catch up time. I look forward to seeing your new home on my next visit to Pittsburgh.
Merry Christmas,
Uncle Joe

Anonymous said...

Hey, who were the folks in that cool looking black Honda Fit? And, did you really all fit into the Fit?

Anonymous said...

I like your blog and love the video! You guys continue to amaze me with all you do. Can't wait for the next episode!
Love, Aunt DC

Anonymous said...

LOVED THE VIDEO! Keep up the good work. (Take care of those piggy toes!)
love,
aunt laine