7.21.2010

Fleeing the City

This summer continues to be annoyingly hot, so Laurel and I fled to the suburbs today to go to the mall. I never liked the mall, did not hang out there as a teenager, don't even do my Christmas shopping there. Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised to discover...the mall has great sales! I mean, really, really great sales, especially if you have hours to kill. The other great thing that the mall has is a kiddie area with a big foam mat and models of PIttsburgh bridges as jungle gyms for the kids to play on. At first Laurel was intimidated by all the "big kids", but then she gained a little confidence, and started zooming this way and that. She joined a game of hide and go seek and waved to all the smiling two year olds. (Why do two year olds love babies so much?)

All in all, it wasn't a bad way to spend the afternoon. Now if only she would sleep tonight. I have a bad cold, and she's teething and the last two nights have left me with ridiculously small amounts of sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you got a good night's sleep. Love, Aunt Mary