5.22.2009

Hello, 30s!

Well, I'm officially 30 years old now. I'm not really a birthday person. My dear sweet husband always does something amazing for me (like bringing me a bouquet of the giantest flowers he could find), but we usually celebrate in a quiet way...dinner out, special desert, a trip, or a concert. Not this year! We threw a huge party in our new house and it was an awesome mix of friends and family, musicians and good food. But the celebration has come and gone, and now I'm settling in for a new decade of adventures.

The biggest new adventure, of course, is that we are expecting a baby. Big on so many levels, not excluding the big new pants I need to accommodate my bulging waist. October is the magic month, and my Grandpa is pulling for his birthday on October 17, although the date I have been given is the 24th, and first babies are never on time. Or so they say. So now that I am looking more like a baby is growing in my belly, and less like I just ate a big sandwich, there is no point in trying to hide it.

Another big adventure, at least on a scale of that-is-a-really-ridiculously-BIG-day-hike, is the plan Caveman, M and my dad have to do the Rachel Carson Challenge in June. They will be attempting to walk 34 miles in one day. On account of our other big adventure, I will be abstaining from this Feat of Feet. But I'll be there to cheer them up, and to drive their poor, broken bodies back home.

Stay tuned for more adventures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katy,
The 30's were one of my favorite decades, enjoy. The 40's and 50's have been pretty good too. As for birthdays I like it on the down low as well. Every year Donna, Heather, Lisa, and Eric each make a birthday card for me and that's all I want. Well, that and a pie. I usually cry when I read them and every once in a while I look back over the years at them and cry some more. Welcome to the 30's.
Love,
Uncle Joe

Anonymous said...

Hi Katy,
You guys threw an awesome party!! We had a lot of fun and were thrilled to help you herald in the 30's. Can't wait to meet Baby Frey! I have to agree with Uncle Joe in that life for me has been much easier, happier and more satisfying as I have aged.
Love, Aunt DC

Danna said...

Are you sure that you didn't just eat too much Page Dairy Mart?

D