4.08.2009

Onion Snow, Old guitars, OMG

This morning my daffodils are framed by the snow-covered garage roof. It's the onion snow, a lady in the elevator said. Or blackberry snow. Whatever it is, I want it to go away, so I can enjoy the magnolia blossoms again. I love Pittsburgh in the spring, and this snow does not fit into my expectations for this season!

M had an old acoustic guitar that's been lying around in his parents' basement for more or less the last decade. But he recently sent it to the Guitar Doctor (yes, that's a real job), and got it all spiffed up. Yet another great pleasure in life...sipping coffee in the morning to the gentle sound of a guitar. M and my brother are totally taking over the house with their instruments and guitar pedals and recording equipment. For instance, I am in the dining room right now, and I can see four guitars, an accordian, and a ukelele! I don't mind at all because they look so darn happy when they are making music.

And now for the final "O"...yesterday I was tutoring a kindergarten student, and as we brainstormed words with the letter "o" - he came up with OMG! I gave him credit for it.

No comments: