4.02.2009

Education News

There's lots of exciting stimulus money flowing every which way these days. I know schools are gearing up to spend it, because I have already seen some job postings related to new stimulus programs. But I think the new Secretary of Education is just puffing out his feathers over this one, because all this data is pretty much available already. I am taking a class this semester on Assessment and Accountability, and trust me, the numbers are as dismal as they make it sound. Still, federal funding sources account for less than 10% of school budgets, so at the end of a long day, I am definitely leaning towards telling Arne Duncan to take his unfunded mandates and go shove it.

1 comment:

Grant/Fire Marshal said...

Hey, it's Grant/Fire Marshal. I was thumbing through my bookmarks and thought that I'd leave a message. I don't see an e-mail link, though, so maybe this comment will get to you.