11.29.2008

What's the deal with all these dogs?

We didn't get a dog. However, we are dog-sitting four huskies that belong to our friends, Tony and Rita. If you've been following my Facebook updates, that's what all the dog references are about.

At first, I was really freaked out about even telling these dogs apart. (I have the same problem with children, unfortunately, it always takes me a long time to figure out their names at the beginning of a school year). Luckily, Rita left extremely thorough directions including pictures of each dog with their identifying characteristics. With that help, I was able to very quickly get to know them. She also labeled the dog dishes and their crates. (Thank you, Rita!) Each day, at 6 am and 6 pm, we feed the dogs. This involves lots of measuring and stirring, and then a precise feeding order. The dogs finish their food in about 3 minutes. They are efficient. I would not dare face four overly hungry huskies, and therefore we have really stuck to the clock all week.

Tomorrow they are coming home from Hawaii, and M and I will be going back to our new house, where we will finally have a chance to unpack our boxes, and possibly create some much-needed order in our lives. It's been a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only ONE picture of 4 dogs? How on earth did you keep it together.
Yoy!
I understand you might have Lucy as a tenant. How will Rosie be?