11.08.2008

My Life as a Student

I know I've said this before, but being a student again rocks.

I have not been taking enough advantage of the free goodies available to me. For instance, I walked into Hillman Library Saturday morning, and discovered rows upon rows of free computers, free printing (well, limited to 900 sheets per term, but still...), free wi-fi, and endless empty tables in quiet nooks and crannies.

There is even a coffee bar. In the library.

Pitt was not like this when I was an undergrad.

Plus, the library was virtually empty. Of course, I (unlike the current undergrads) am too old to stay up all night drinking. Also, there was a football game going on.

In any case, I quickly churned out a brilliant piece of analysis on social cognitive theory and phobia therapy, and realized that I should stop trying (and constantly failing) to do my homework at my home. There is always something better to do at home. Like cleaning my bicycle chain. Or making butternut squash ravioli. Mmmmm.

Or packing.

We finally made a mutually agreed upon arrangement with our landlord, in which we found a new tenant for him, and he agreed to terminate our lease without charging us $1,710.00.

In other news, on Thursday night, M and I were sitting around saying, "boy oh boy, this buying a house thing sure is easy."

Then on Friday, we got a call from the closing attorney who seemed to be freaking out over a problem with the survey. So, I guess we jinxed ourselves somehow. Anyway, hopefully all that will be straightened out soon. In the meantime, Rosie the Cat is looking more and more perturbed over the accumulation of boxes. Where did we get all this stuff? Just a little over a year ago, we had only two backpacks worth of stuff!

Well, I'm off to study some more flashcards and watch the Steelers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

900 Sheets per term? Are you serious? I mean come on ;-)

Anonymous said...

yeah! i love hearing about what's going on with you. i'm glad you're updating more. i want to hear more about the house!!!

kj