9.26.2007

So what are yinz guys gonna do now?

Back in the 'Burgh, once again, M and I met with a reporter from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette today, so stay tuned for info on when that will come out.

San Diego was very pleasant. I spent a lot of time sitting in a diner where the waitresses called me 'mi hija' and so religiously refilled my coffee mug that I nearly went into convulsions. I walked the dog, and went to Balboa Park and flew my kite at the beach on Coronado, until I realized I was only inches from the Navy base, and took it down before they could have a shot at it. We ate at a fantastic Afghan restaurant. Danna had an endless supply of Tofutti Cuties, my favorite vegan ice cream snack.

Last night, M picked me up at the airport, and since I cannot live on Southwest In Flight Snacks alone, we decided to get some dinner at D's in Regent Square before heading home. We drove all the way over there to find the kitchen had shut down well before their advertised closing time (although it does say that the times "could fluctuate" on the website). So we headed to Oakland for some Indian food. When we got to the doors of the restaurant, we remembered that Oakland is the land of the ever-intoxicated college student, where every restaurant has a late-night special. If we could wait a mere 40 minutes, we could enjoy our channa masala at half price. Luckily, Gene's is right around the corner and Yuengling bottles were on special for $1. San Diego may be pleasant, but in Pittsburgh, the price is right. The Indian food was even better after a couple of cold ones, and I slept great last night, not rising until nearly 10 am.

Now it's time to get a job and a place to live. But don't worry...this won't turn into a blog where the answer to the question "what has become of m and k?" is "they moved to the 'burbs and now their only entertainment is paying HOA-violations for leaving the trash can out too long".

Upcoming adventures include:
*Pirates game with the M's family
*Going to the Aldha Gathering
*A camping/hiking trip with K's parents

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your upcoming adventures include a trip to Charlottesville. Love, Aunt Mary