8.20.2006

This Is How You Do the Beach in the NW

My experience with east coast beaches has been rather minimalist. You wear a bathing suit, take a towel, some sunscreen and maybe a small cooler. This is not how they roll out here in Oregon.

Perhaps because you can drive your car right out onto the beach, perhaps because the temperatures of the air and water are not quite comfortable for bikini wearing, going to the beach is entirely different.

Extravagent lunch, snacks, drinks, perhaps a full bar, umbrella, windscreens, chaise lounges, and tables are all part of the necessary equipment. We had a great day at Gearhart Beach with Anthony and his family and friends. The weather was warm, at least for coastal northern Oregon, but I left my jacket on for most of the day. I made it into the water up to my knees, but my feet started going numb, so I stuck to building castles in the sand.

No comments: