8.15.2006

Interpretive Trails



One of my favorite things about the National Park systems are the interpretive nature trails and signs that you find around the visitor centers. Here are a few of my favorites. Don’t step on the thermal areas, as you could fall into the bowels of the earth, burn your shoes or your hat could blow off your head.

Don’t feed the wildlife or make the deer do tricks. Sit! Shake! The funny thing is we saw deer so tame that I'm sure they would eat out of your hand. Reminds me of Rooster Cogburn's ranch down on the I-10 on the way to Tucson. The ranger told us a story about a group of tourists who were taking photos of these docile deer when out of nowhere a mountain line jumped out of a tree and killed one, dragged it off the trail and sat there, next to the visitor's center for a week until he was done eating it.

No comments: