3.21.2011

Working Mom, Part 3

As a working mom, I go back and forth between thinking this whole juggling act is impossible-so-why-even-bother-to-mop-the-floors and feeling optimistic enough to start googling things like "working mom solutions" in an attempt to, well, start mopping my floors.

(Don't bother googling that...It turns out there are no solutions, at least not ones I hadn't already thought of. Lay your clothes out the night before. Get a crockpot. Etc. Etc.)

Instead of obsessing too much about my floors, I took Laurel outside today and we tackled an item that has been on my to do list since the fall...clean up the yard. The nice thing about living on a not-yet-gentrified city block is that your yard looks pretty dang good even if you do nothing, in comparison to vacant lots. However, ours was looking a bit rough around the edges, plus I wanted to set up our composting bin for spring. Laurel dragged around a full sized rake for a while and then systematically dumped all the potting soil out of a planter handful by handful. She's babbling a lot, and I tried to get her on video talking about what she was doing, but she wouldn't really say anything. (Sorry for the sideways video - I'm too tired to figure out how to rotate it). Our neighbor Marlene came out to say hi, and then it rained, so we came inside. Laurel saw a dozen or so buses go by, which about made her day. After dinner, we waited at the window for "dada-no-I-don't-know-dada" to come home.

The floor is still dirty.

No comments: