9.17.2009

Exciting Month

M and I went to see the midwife yesterday and all's well with the little one...good heart rate, and measurements, etc. I, however, seem to have considerably less energy than her. I had my blood drawn for iron and thyroid levels, but it seems they are normal, so, as the midwife put it, "it's just regular old third trimester fatigue." I worked from home today, for the sole purpose of being able to take a post-lunch nap. I must admit that I spend a good portion of my waking day thinking about the next time I can lay down. Next week, I have to start giving my tutor training sessions, which means about 8 straight hours on my feet, while I talk enthusiastically about literacy. That seemed so doable just last week. My due date is still over a month away, but I will technically be full-term in a couple of weeks.

Tomorrow my sister is coming into town and Mark's mom is hosting a baby shower for me. Then the rest of the relatives will begin descending on us and we'll have all the wedding festivities for Pete and Meg. I can't believe my little brother is getting married! Of course, the wedding coincides with the G20 summit, so I'm sure I'll have all kinds of adventures trying to get to work next week. The administration at Pitt seems committed to staying open, but I'm sure it's going to be impossible to catch a bus and the traffic and parking situation will be terrible.

No comments: