9.01.2009

A Chill is in the Air

After a few short weeks of hot temperatures and oppressive humidity, the 'Burgh has cooled off considerably. Am I the luckiest pregnant lady in the world, or what? Now school buses roll by our house in the morning, and I'm on the watch for the first sign of leaves changing colors. Fall is just around the corner.

The half bushel is nearly all processed. M took half of it and canned them as crushed tomatoes. I took the other half and made sauce. Some of the sauce is in the freezer, and I'll make up a lasagna or something this week, which we will also freeze. Our goal is to have enough pre-made food in the freezer that we won't have to cook too much for a few weeks after the baby comes.

School has started once again. I'm taking two classes...one on teaching multi-cultural literature and the other one is my master's thesis. My job for the fall is to train tutors again. It's only ten hours a week, so I'm mostly sort of a housewife. I'm trying to pick up some private tutoring clients, but it's kind of tricky when you know you're going to need like a month off, but you can't predict exactly when.

We go to our How-To-Have-A-Baby class on Saturday, and the following weekend is one final pre-baby camping trip to central PA, while M completes another "super-hike". Then it's a baby shower and a wedding and September will be gone. Just like that.

Time really does fly once you hit 30.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea,

Try 56.

Pa

Anonymous said...

This certainly is an action packed month that will seem to fly by, making the arrival of "Lil Puddin" come that much sooner!
Aunt DC

Beach Bum said...

Hi Monkey and Cocoa,

It has been quite a while since I last read your blog. Congratulations on the soon to be new "Little Hiker". You will make teriffic parents. First Wife and I are going to Damascus in mid October to bike ride the Virginia Creeper Trail. Best wishes to the three of you from a former Pennsylvanian.

Beach Bum