6.11.2009

Three Cheers for the Sons of Pitches

We had our first softball game tonight, and I must say, despite what could be deemed a crushing loss, it was an awesome time. M organized the team to play in the recreational PSL league.

We are called the Sons of Pitches, which allows to shout things like, "son of a pitch!" or "show them what a son of a pitch you are!" I am not playing this season, on account of the baby thing, but I am taking on the role of official Team Mom. Today I brought orange slices and lemonade. And bandaids, just in case.

Everybody hustled tonight, we all had a good time, and with a little practice, I think victory is within reach. But wins and losses aside, it's sure to be a highlight of this summer.

1 comment:

Sam and Susie said...

Way 2 b positive! U got it next time! Look at it this way: my high school softball team lost 1 game all season to the now state champs. Maybe this will b the only game u lose. Good Luck & Hope 2 c u soon!