4.30.2008

Ringworm and Baby Mama

Tina Fey is pretty cute as a wanna-be mom. I won't give up the ending, lest any of you decide to see this movie, but it was a very decent way to spend the afternoon. Much gratitude to my friend and co-worker, Amy, for taking me. I think we should consider going after school on a regular basis. Matinees are only 6 bucks.

This movie is cute and happy because when people are trying to have a baby or in the pregnancy stage, they never think about things like ringworm, which is what I think of when I think of children. Ringworm and lice and soggy, wrinkly thumbs, pulled from mouths and trailing with saliva as they reach out towards me.

I guess it's different when it's your own kid. Have I mentioned that I love my job?

3 comments:

Jamie Butler said...

It is way different when it is your own kid. I don't even mind it so much when he poops on me now!

k said...

Ok, so having a baby really does change everything.

Trisha R. Butler said...

Having a baby does change everything, but you also have to admit that Jamie has always had a special place in his heart for poop. It's one of his favorite conversation starters.