4.21.2008

So maybe I won't be a teacher after all....

I just heard from the state that my application for certification will not be accepted after all. This after I spent $1,700 on tuition and close to $500 on Praxis exams to fulfill the gaps in my original application, not to mention a good six months of my life. I can go to Harrisburg (4 hour drive), for a fifteen minute meeting with a committee who will make recommendations to the Secretary of Education, who will then make a decision. Twelve to fourteen weeks later.

Grrrr....

To boot, four teachers called off today and there were not enough subs, so the rest of us had to cover. I, suffering from a cold, nearly called off, but thought it was not a good enough reason. I know that some people are just burning their personal days, which I do not blame them for. I just wish more people would sign up to sub, although I know why they don't.

So, while I thought my life calling was to educate children with special needs in high poverty areas, there seems to some resistance on the part of the universe in me actually fulfilling that calling.

I'm thinking...banking?

4 comments:

amy said...

We should start our own after school program. One with things like guidelines, set rules, and procedures. :)

amy said...

We should start our own after school program. One with guidelines, set rules, and procedures. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes! Banking! That's what I think of when I think of you!

Leah

Anonymous said...

How about library school? >smile<