11.22.2006

Knitting Madness

I finally did it! I finally finished a project that I am reasonably pleased with. I made this hat twice, and this is the second version. The pattern calls for a pom-pom on the top, but I felt that was a little too 1950s for me. It looks like a jockey hat. Very indie-craftster.

I got all of my knitting needles and patterns from my Grandma, but I have to admit that I have been doing a lot of knitting for the sake of knitting, and not for actually creating something. I feel that this hat will change all that for me. After casting on, knitting, purling, decreasing, and finally figuring out what "knit, slip, pass" means, I feel that I am ready for a new project. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

k said...

Grandma is the best person to teach you to knit. Do NOT attempt to learn from a book. I could also teach everybody. I have a bunch of needles, too.

Anonymous said...

That's my Mom!!!!!!! :)

Aunt Laine