11.07.2006

Happy Election Day!

As a child, I always looked forward to Election Day, since we didn't have to go to school. Now, I get excited because it means an end to the constant barage of pre-election campaign calls and television ads which take up a remarkable amount of time communicating remarkably little. Basically, the commercials have told me that all candidates hate the elderly, soldiers (especially disabled ones), and little children. They all take bribes from defense contractors, and vote themselves pay raises. I really haven't heard any ads that explain the platforms of any of the candidates.

Naturally, I also get excited to exercise my right to vote. However, I happened upon this HBO documentary last week and it raises some pretty profound, and basically depressing, ideas about our voting, especially with some of the technology used to count votes. I urge you to check it out.

Have fun voting!

No comments: