1.12.2011

Snow Day!

School was canceled today. Of course, the announcement came rather late in the morning, after we had already answered our 5:00am wake up call (which comes in the form of an alarm clock, as well as a toddler). The three of us bundled up and went outside to tackle the sidewalk and driveway.

Today reminds me of last winter when Laurel and I were snowbound for half the winter. We ventured out when we had to, but for the most part, we spent January and February snuggling upstairs in her cozy nursery. I think being cooped up in the house every day would drive her crazy now. She went through all the downstairs toys before I even gave her breakfast, and moved on to trying to figure out how to hold the picture she colored up on the fridge with a magnet.

Laurel conked out for an unusual morning nap, so I am lingering over a cup of coffee and searching online for recipes that use lentils (we have a five pound bag).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea for snow days. I'm sure it makes it nice to cuddle with Laurel! Hope you enjoyed your day off. Aunt DC