1.17.2011

Grandparents Day

Laurel and I recuperated from our colds with the help of a visit from my parents. Honestly, I don't know what I would do without them. My mom brought her infamous "B Bag" and my dad helped me dispose of our Christmas tree and took my trash out. They even got us dinner and did the dishes! My nose is still stuffy, but I feel very relaxed going into the week. Here you can see Laurel practicing her geography with my mom. Laurel is really obsessed with writing with a pen or marker right now. However, she does not yet understand to keep the pen on the paper! So, for now, she has to pretend, unless she is strictly supervised. Otherwise, we find pen marks on everything!

Hopefully this week will be better than last week. We have only three days with students, and I will be giving midterms for most of them. Friday is a clerical day for staff, which usually means they promise that we will get to catch up on our paperwork and grades, but then last minute schedule a bunch of pointless meetings. However, rumor has it that it will be a real and true clerical day. I hope so, because I am in desperate need of some time to work on an overdue re-eval.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture of grandma and her granddaughter! Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

Adorable pic of grandma and granddaughter!!!
Aunt Laine

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, sorry you were feeling under the weather though. That really is a cute picture.
Aunt DC