11.27.2007

Thanksgiving: A Feast to Remember

So what did the vegans have for Thanksgiving? This year we traveled to Charlottesville, VA to visit my Aunt Mary. Vegans and non-vegans dined on roasted vegetables, millet and cauliflower mash with carmalized onion gravy, salad, mushroom loaf and pumpkin pie. I should have some pictures to put up, but I am blogging from school, where I am waiting for a parent conference to start. I hit a major wall of fatigue about 10 minutes ago. Without students, the day just drags on and on and on. Plus, I've been snacking on these iced oatmeal cookies I found in the teacher's lounge. Somehow these cookies happen to be vegan, which lends credibility to my theory that commercial bakeries add eggs and milk to most baked goods just for the heck of it.

Tonight I plan to go to M & S's house to take advantage of their many bike tools. I will do the final assembly work on my bike, and hopefully get to ride it to work soon. That is, if it doesn't rain like it did last night. Heinz field was completely flooded! I have to admit that I fell asleep before the end of the game, and therefore missed the exciting field goal.

No comments: