10.19.2007

Goings On

I just finished my first week at my latest temp assignment. There is a bizarre and complicated numbering system for the files that I have not yet truly grasped, but other than that, it seems to be going pretty well. S and I abandoned our plans to attend cake decorating class, but we made a very awesome cake last night and even put roses on it. The only thing different about vegan icing is that without the merringe powder, it doesn't get crusty. I don't like crusty cake anyway.

Last weekend M and I backpacked at Oil Creek State Park, which I highlly recommend, and we will try to put up a more detailed description of our hike, in case anybody else wants to do it. There is very little information in books or on the web about longer trails in western PA, so M and I were thinking we should create a little database of these hikes, as we complete them.

I feel so blissfully free of worry when I have been hiking for a few hours, especially when listening to that lovely sound of dry leaves crunching below your feet. After spending all week cringing under fluorescent lights, I am pretty excited to flee the city and get back in the woods, which we hope to do with my parents tomorrow.

No comments: