4.26.2007

Photo Relo...

Good day all... I've updated the photos from here in Pearisburg, VA, and have made a few changes to the organization. As previously the photos will be updated in sections, grouped by portions of our journey. I have, however, separated out the growing numbers of photos of plants (especially as the wildflowers are coming out in numbers) and animals (separated only the wild ones, cows &c. will still end up in the regular albums), as well as the photos of our old pal B. Hippo. I'll try to change the dates as new pics are added.

As the picasa albums allow for commenting, and I have no idea what many of these flora and fauna are, if any of you have a handy field guide to wildflowers or other things, please feel free to make a call on the species identification and leave a note. Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey guys,
good to hear everything is going well so far. I tried to comment on the particular pictures but for some reason I wasn't able to. Anyways, here is my attempt to identify some of the flowers you took pictures of.
Pictures 11, 67 and 68, the last 2 are blue phylox.
Pictures 13 and 15 are some kind of violet, I think common violet but most look pretty similar.
Picture 14 is Fire Pink
Picture 18 is a yellow violet
Picture 20 might be ragwort
Pictures 32, 33 and 34 look like a trout lilly
Pictures 56 and 57 (round yellow flowers) are Coltsfoot
Pictures 62 and 63 are tulips.
Pictures 64, 65, and 66 are Virginia Bluebells

this is the best that I can do for now. Hope this is usefull.

rocco