3.02.2019

Clear your schedule

M and I are not working on the weekends right now and this is a great arrangement, and I will keep to it as long as we can. Saturdays are lazy. Kung fu class for Marko, but we skipped horseriding for Laurel because she's going to do several hours of Girl Scout cookie sales tomorrow and it's 100% ok to say let's just rest. For her, I think rest is more about not seeing other people, driving or getting out of her bathrobe, rather than actual rest. She did take her bathrobe off to go running with M and they were gone a long time. She ran almost 3 and a half miles, which was 2 and a half miles longer than M said they were going to do (so help me if I have another ultra marathoner on my hands here).

Today I got to talk on the phone with a friend who just had a baby. I miss holding babies. Where did all the babies go? She's very far away, so it's doubtful that I'll actually get to meet this little peanut while he's in the squishy newborn phase, but it was nice to hear his cooing over the phone. And to hear her voice and her birth story and all that. Call your friends on the phone, people. Old fashioned, but it feels so good.

Max fell asleep in my arms while we all watched the Great British Baking Show after dinner. Everyone was kind of shoving each other as we nestled into the couch, but eventually we all settled in to each other. It was biscuit week, ending with a gingerbread showcase (M's favorite cookie).

I got the notion that we need to clear our schedule a bit. This is why I like to keep a paper calendar, because it's a visual reminder if you start committing to to much. I also happened to read this past week, from two different sources, something about the benefit of going deeper, not wider. Read the books you have, finish the projects you started, explore the place where you live, that sort of thing.

No comments: