1.19.2018

Blank-wet and other things I want to remember

The other day we were all talking about first words. We could remember funny things each kid would say when they were small, but could not remember anybody's first words. It's probably here somewhere on these thousand blog entries I have typed over the years. Here are a few more things I want to remember.

Max pronounces blanket as "blank-wet." He wakes up very early every day and likes to watch Daniel Tiger while we snuggle on the couch.

The other day I picked the boys up from preschool, and even though they spent the morning right down the hall from each other in their respective classrooms, they still embraced and said I MISSED YOU, looking genuinely happy to be reunited. Another mom asked me if they were always so affectionate. (Answer, no, we are a family of intense high and lows.)

We finally had a week where Max walked into his classroom by himself and without tears.

Laurel just got the cutest haircut with bangs. Along with her glasses, she looks like an entirely different child. It's fun to see how different family members show up in her face depending on how she wears her hair.

There's more, but if I don't hit publish, this will never happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With Laurel's new hair style, I see a lot of resemblance to her YiaYia.