1.30.2014

Walking the Walk

Marko is. There is officially a toddler in the house! He's a climber, too. Today I found him gleefully sitting on top of the bed. We had dinner with friends and I watched him walk tentatively across the entire length of their apartment, pausing periodically to squat and regain his balance.

School was finally back in session today, and I visited with some Reading Warriors. It feels good, at this point in the year, to have built real relationships with these teens. I love when they are proud of their work and want to show something off to me. Sometimes they text me photos of themselves reading aloud. They boast about the progress of the little ones they work with.

Some days it feels like I bit off a little too much. Most days, I just want to give them all more. That's how I know I'm walking the walk.


No comments: