8.11.2008

The Most Important ID Card I Carry

I got my student ID today.

All my official papers for my graduate student researcher position are in order, and I am registered for classes.

I have a slight urge to shop for school supplies, maybe get some folders.

I'm excited about being a student again, and doubly excited to have a chance to go for free. Which brings me back to the student ID. Not to detract from the actual Going to School part, which I'm sure is going to be very cool, but this ID has many benefits.

First of all, I can ride the bus for free again. Not just the campus shuttles, but the county bus. I can also print something like 900 sheets per semester in the computer lab. That's a lot of paper. I can go to see a movie at the Harris Theater for $3. I can use the student gyms and swimming pools. I can visit the Carnegie Museum. I can visit the Andy Warhol Museum. I can even ride the Incline!

No comments: