8.27.2009

What kind of meeting?

I went to a La Leche League meeting today. This is a breastfeeding support/activist group that was started in the 1950s when breastfeeding was much more discouraged by the medical community and society in general. I mainly went out of curiosity and because it's free. I do like me a bargain. Come to think of it, that's kind of why breastfeeding appeals to me. Free food for your baby! Who could pass up that deal?

There were a few other pregnant women there, and mamas with babies and kids of all ages. The meeting was "baby-friendly" which basically means loud. Honestly, the babies were not loud, it was more the toddlers and older kids running around. It was pretty informative, and I got some good advice about "must-have" baby gear. Apparently the "Boppy" really is all that.

No comments: