2.05.2008

I Heart PGH


Love this blog, but I have to tell you a funny story.

As you may know, M is obsessed with Pittsburgh. He has a Pirates hat for every occasion, our apartment is literally covered with maps and prints of Pittsburgh, he loves pierogies and Iron City, and he can often be seen wearing a t-shirt that makes some reference to his beloved city.

A couple of years ago when we were in college (well, perhaps more than a couple of years ago), we headed down to "M Squared". I don't know if you remember this attempt to get Yinzers out of their neighborhood bars and into some type of community social scene, but they would close down Market Square, hire a couple of bands and sell beer on the street. Around this time, M had artfully crafted an I Heart PGH t-shirt out of that iron on paper that you could send through your inkjet printer. It looked kinda crappy, but in a really edgy, stylish way. It looked pretty much exactly like this. Everybody liked it through and urged him to get it professional screened on some stuff. "People will buy that," everybody said.

Anyway, we were down in Market Square, and M was wearing that shirt when some girl approached him and said, "Cool shirt, what does PGH stand for?" Completely deadpan.

But now I have to wonder, Natalia or Lindsay, were you that girl?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to IheartPGH.com - I can say that it was not me in Market Square because I never made it to one of the M squared events. I have had to explain to a few people from outside of Pittsburgh what PGH stands for, especailly since PGH is not the official airport code for Pittsburgh.
I would love to get some more PGH t-shirts in the shop - I am open to any ideas.
Lindsay